BEND, Ore. (KTVZ) -- Here is the city of Bend's weekly road construction and traffic update for August 2-8.
We’re now in the middle of construction season! As you navigate your way through the City streets and neighborhoods, please remember to slow down, read the signs and stay on the designated detour routes. Check in weekly with the City on upcoming closures through the website: bendoregon.gov/traffic. Construction season will not last forever, please be patient and remember to drive like you’re in your own neighborhood.
- SW Mt Washington Drive between Mountaineer Way and SW Chandler Ave for ROW improvements, single lane closure with flagging, 8/2/21 - 9/3/21, 9 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Street Preservation – Additional Street Preservation is set to kickoff next week with various street closures with local traffic only. Milling and paving set to be completed from 7/16/21 - 8/11/21. Streets affected listed below.
- Keyte Road, Savannah Drive, Azure Drive, Ponderosa Street, Blakely Road, Cliffrose Drive, Burnside Avenue, Riverside Boulevard, Donovan Avenue, Emkay Drive, and Cyber Drive
- Pump Station Decommissioning - This project will decommission the Tri-Peaks, Shire, and Desert Skies Pump Stations. Full road closures with local access only on affected streets beginning on 7/19/21. For further information, visit bendoregon.gov/city-projects/what-s-being-built/pump-station-decommissioning-phase-3.
- Clairaway Avenue between 27th Street and Daly Estates Drive
- Daly Estates Drive between Clairaway Avenue and the desert skies pump station
- NW Silver Buckle Road – As part of the Rimrock Pump Stations Improvement project, full road closure during work hours 7 am – 6:30 pm. Roadway to be fully reopened at end of each workday and intermittently opened during each workday at 10 am and 2 pm; 7/19/2021 - 11/19/2021.
- Intersection of SE 15th Street and SE Caldera Drive for roundabout construction, full intersection closure with detour (shoefly road constructed), 7/14/21 - 9/10/21
- NW Crossing Farmers Market – special event occurring every Saturday 6/5/21 - 10/16/21. Multiple road closures related to event (listed below).
- NW Crossing Drive between Mount Washington Drive and NW Crossing Drive (Circle)
- NW John Freemont between NW Ordiway Avenue and NW Fort Clatsop Street
- NW Fort Clatsop Street between NW Ordway Avenue and NW John Freemont Street
- NE 8th Street between NE Marlon Place and NE Bennington Way for infrastructure installation, single lane closure with minimal impacts, begins 5/24/21
- SW Simpson – Columbia intersection – Closed for Roundabout construction beginning May 17th – August. Full closure of intersection with detour. For further information, visit bendoregon.gov/Columbia-roundabouts.
- NE Butler Market – Purcell Intersection - closed for roundabout construction beginning May 3rd - mid September. This is part of the empire corridor project. For further information, visit bendoregon.gov/empire.
- Via Sandia Neighborhood Extension Project – Roads closed for Sewer main installation with local access, 5/17/21 - 8/31/21. For further information, visit bendoregon.gov/city-projects/infrastructure-projects/septic-to-sewer-conversion-program/via-sandia-east-lake-drive-orion-drive-sewer-project.
- East Lake Drive between Twin Lakes Loop and Newberry Drive (5/17/21 - 8/3/21)
- Twin Lakes Loop Between SE 15th Street and Newberry Drive (5/17/21 - 8/3/21)
- Via Sandia between Sky Harbor Drive and Cabin Court (5/17/21 - 8/5/21)
- Cabin Ct between Via Sandia (5/17/21 - 8/5/21)
- Orion Drive between Reed Market Road and Perrigan Drive (7/19/21 - 8/31/21)
- Newport Corridor Improvements Project – Various intersections along Newport Avenue to be closed due to updates in the water main and stormwater facilities. Road closures related to the project listed below.
- NW Nashville Ave between NW Drake Road and NW Newport Ave for infrastructure installation, full road closure, starting 4/5/21
- Intersection of 9th Street and Newport Avenue for infrastructure installation, full roundabout closure with detour, starting 4/5/21
- Newport Avenue between NW College Way and NW Juniper Street, full closure with detour, 7/26/21 - Late November
Work schedules are dependent on weather conditions and other factors. Always exercise increased caution within construction zones. Drivers should use designated detour routes. Nearby residential streets are for local traffic only.
Contact: Dustin Elmore, Assistant City Engineer
For Street Preservation related questions: Paul Neiswonger, Streets Supervisor
Closures and detours in Bend are updated weekly at: bendoregon.gov/traffic
Find more information about street operations at: bendoregon.gov/streetpreservation
Weekly reports can be received via email by subscribing to Weekly Road and Traffic Reports at: bendoregon.gov/enews