BEND, Ore. (KTVZ) -- Here is the city of Bend's road and traffic report for the week of April 5-11.
- Newport Corridor Improvements Project – Various intersections along Newport Avenue to be closed due to updates in the water main and stormwater facilities. The Newport Cooridor Improvement Project page can be found at: bendoregon.gov/newportimprovements. Road closures related to the project listed below:
- NW Nashville Ave between NW Drake Road and NW Newport Ave for infrastructure installation, full road closure, starting 4/5/21
- Intersection of 9th Street and Newport Avenue for infrastructure installation, full roundabout closure with detour, starting 4/5/21
- NW Skyliners – Mt Washington Intersection – Closed for roundabout reconstruction and pedestrian crossing updates from March 29th – April 23rd. For further information on this and future street preservation work, visit bendoregon.gov/streetpreservation.
- McClain Drive between NW Shevlin Park Road and NW Shevlin Meadow Drive for infrastructure installation, work began 11/30/20
- SW Colorado – Columbia intersection – Closed for Roundabout construction beginning March 1st – mid-May. Additional road closures related to closure listed below. For further information, visit bendoregon.gov/Columbia-roundabouts.
- Colorado Avenue between SW Emkay Drive (west) and SW Emkay (east)
- SW Columbia Avenue closed between SW Emkay Drive and SW Disk Drive
- Desert Woods Neighborhood Extension Project – Roads closed for Sewer main installation with local access, 3/8/21 - 5/31/21. For further information, visit bendoregon.gov/desertwoods.
- East Lake Drive between Twin Lakes Loop and Newberry Drive
- Twin Lakes Loop Between SE 15th Street and Newberry Drive
- SE Murphy Road between Country Club and Parrell Road for roadway widening and modernization, full road closure with local access and detours, November 2020 – Summer 2021
- US HWY 97 between Exit 135A and Exit 139 to Reed Market Road for ODOT overnight resurfacing, southbound lanes with detour onto US 97 Business Route (3rd Street). 3/15/21 - 5/15/21
- US HWY 97 between Exit 139 and Exit 141 to Murphy Road for ODOT overnight resurfacing, southbound lanes with detour onto US 97 Business Route (3rd Street). 3/15/21 - 5/15/21
- SW Simpson Avenue between SW 15th Street and SW 18th Street for right of way improvements, full road closure with detour, 3/15/21 - 5/1/21
- NW 10th Street at Newport Avenue for infrastructure installation, full road closure, 3/21/21 - 4/13/21
Future Road Closures:
- Brosterhous Road between SE Orchard Grass Place and Windsor Drive for railroad overcrossing inspections, full road closure with detour, 4/13/21, 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Work schedules are dependent on weather conditions and other factors. Always exercise increased caution within construction zones.
Contact: Kyle Thomas, Construction Manager
For Street Preservation related questions: Paul Neiswonger, Streets Supervisor
Closures and detours in Bend are updated weekly at: bendoregon.gov/traffic
Find more information about street operations at: bendoregon.gov/streetpreservation
Weekly reports can be received via email by subscribing to Weekly Road and Traffic Reports at: bendoregon.gov/enews