Carly Keenan

Carly Keenan
KTVZ
Carly Keenan

Multimedia Journalist/Producer, Sunrise Co-Anchor, NewsChannel 21

Hi there, Central Oregon!

I’m from St. Paul, Minnesota and decided to get away from the cold for a few years when I attended the University of Kansas (ROCK CHALK!) to major in journalism and minor in Spanish.

All my life, I’ve loved telling stories, and would frequently get in trouble at school for talking, so becoming a journalist was a no-brainer for me!

I was a part of my university's student-run newscast, where I learned to report, anchor and produce. That’s where I really fell in love with the crazy, fast-paced environment of news.

I did a lot of things other than school, though! I was involved in a campus ministry and was president of my sorority. However, my favorite memory is when I studied abroad in Spain and traveled around Europe.

In my free time, you can catch me trying out new coffee shops or wandering through local boutiques. Although I’m more of a city gal, I’m excited to become more outdoorsy and explore all that this beautiful place has to offer.

It’s a privilege to live in Central Oregon and be able to tell your stories, as well as work with such a talented team. If you have a story idea, feel free to follow me on social media or reach out at carly.keenan@ktvz.com.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo

Carly Keenan

Carly Keenan is a multimedia journalist and producer for NewsChannel 21. Learn more about Carly here.

BE PART OF THE CONVERSATION

KTVZ NewsChannel 21 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.