Skip to Content

Motor home goes up in flames on NW Bend street


A motor home went up in flames on a northwest Bend street Monday morning, and while the occupant and her dog escaped safely, the vehicle and contents were destroyed, fire officials said.

The fire was reported just after 7 a.m. at 355 NW Florida Avenue, said Bend Fire Battalion Chief Dave Howe.

Fire crews responded and quickly put out the blaze, but not before the fire left it a total loss, estimated at $5,000 to the RV and $2,500 for the contents.

The most likely cause was found to be some combustible materials placed too close to a heat source, Howe said.

The American Red Cross responded to help the owner, Jenny Johnson, with recovery, he said.

Howe said firefighters want to remind everyone that combustible material such as papers, fabric or wood can gather and hold heat to the point of ignition if left too close to heat sources such as wood stoves, electric heaters and gas heating appliances.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

KTVZ News Team


KTVZ NewsChannel 21 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content