Dogs, Cats and other Furry Friends need your help!
Join NewsChannel 21 and our local shelter and business partners as we once again team up to Clear the Shelters and find loving homes for pets. Since 2015, this national campaign has helped more than 551,854 pets find new homes and $3.2 million donated nationally. Despite the challenges of the pandemic, 2020 exceeded expectations with more than 140,000 pets adopted and $1.26 million raised nationally.
NewsChannel 21 will host a month-long “Adopt & Donate” effort throughout August and September.
Here are FIVE ways you can participate in Clear the Shelters:
1. Virtual Adoptions:Download the WeRescue app to find a pet and complete the adoption process with local shelters/rescues, virtually. Shelters/rescues will vet pet adoption applications.
2. In-Person Adoption:Find participating local shelters on the map below to contact and find out what their distancing rules are before you show up.
3. Online Donations:Visit ClearTheSheltersFund.org where you can donate funds to shelters/rescues of your choice. The site is hosted by partner GreaterGood.org.
4. Shop:Visit iHeartDogs.com to shop from their vast line of products that give back to shelters and raise money to provide service dogs for veterans in need.
5. Watch:Watch NewsChannel 21 Sunrise News every Monday morning between August 23 -September 6 as Rhea Panela and Ariella Brumfield profile a local animal shelter and how you can support them. During the week of September 13-17 we'll feature animals available for adoption from those shelters.
A Clear the Shelters TV special to celebrate the 2021 nationwide efforts, and the positive impact pets have on our lives, airs on NewsChannel 21 (NBC/KTVZ) on Sunday, September 19th at 8:30 PM or immediately following NFL.