Skip to Content

CRR fire destroys pig’s shelter; animal outside, unhurt


A heat lamp apparently ignited combustible material in an outbuilding at Crooked River Ranch early Thursday morning, sparking a fire that destroyed a pig’s shelter, but the animal was outside in a pen and was unhurt, officials said.

A passer-by notified 911 dispatchers of the fire and Crooked River Ranch Fire & Rescue responded around 2:30 a.m. to the 8600 block of Southwest Sisters View Place, Assistant Chief Sean Hartley said.

The first crew to arrive found an outbuilding was fully ablaze and began working to extinguish it, Hartley said. They also located the property owner to tell them of the fire and were told the structure was used as a shelter for their pig.

Firefighters found the pig in the pen just outside the shelter and, with the owner’s help, moved it to a safe location, Hartley said.

Automatic mutual aid from Redmond and Cloverdale fire departments were canceled before arriving.

“CCRF&R reminds those using heat lamps to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations,” Hartley said in a news release.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

KTVZ News Team


KTVZ NewsChannel 21 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content