Skip to Content

Oregon DHS to issue supplemental food assistance benefits Dec. 11

SNAP benefits USDA

SALEM, Ore. (KTVZ) -- The Oregon Department of Human Services said Monday it will issue emergency supplemental allotments to Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) recipients on Friday, Dec. 11.

SNAP recipients do not have to take any action to receive these additional benefits, as they will be placed directly on their Oregon EBT cards. Households receiving SNAP benefits will see the additional supplement to their benefits based on a maximum allotment scale.

For example, if there are four individuals in a household, and that household is currently receiving $500 in benefits, the supplement will raise their benefits to the maximum allowed for households of four, which is $680 per month – or an increase of $180.

Total benefits will be different based on each household’s regular monthly allotment for the month of December. Households already at the maximum allotment will not receive an additional benefit supplement.

Household SizeMaximum Monthly Benefit Amount
Each additional person$153

A second release of emergency supplemental allotments will take place on Thursday, Dec. 31 for anyone who began receiving SNAP benefits after Dec. 11. Households only receive one allotment.

For more information about emergency supplemental allotments, or to review frequently asked questions, visit

Oregonians who receive SNAP can contact their local Self-Sufficiency Programs, Aging and People with Disabilities, or Area Agency on Aging office for more information. Find a local office at or call 2-1-1.

This is the eighth month Oregon has issued emergency supplemental allotments.

Administered by ODHS, SNAP is a federal program that provides food assistance to approximately 1 million eligible, low-income families and individuals in Oregon, including many older adults and people with disabilities.

Oregonians in need can apply for benefits, including SNAP, child care, cash assistance, and Medicaid. Learn more at 

For local resources in your area, such as food or shelter, please call 2-1-1 or reach out to the state’s Aging and Disability Resource Connection (ADRC) at 1-855-ORE-ADRC or 1-855-673-2372.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

KTVZ news sources


KTVZ NewsChannel 21 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content