Leslie Cano

KTVZ

Multimedia journalist, NewsChannel 21

Hello, Central Oregon! I am beyond excited to call Bend my new home.

I can’t believe how beautiful Central Oregon is, and I’m excited to learn all about it.

A little about me: I was born and raised in Southern California and I am a graduate of California State University, Fullerton. I majored in broadcast journalism and made sure to be proactive in getting my foot in the broadcast world by doing internships and getting involved in the student run newscasts at school. 

During my undergraduate studies, I was fortunate enough to study abroad in Spain, as well. I’ve also traveled to France and the UK.

I am also bilingual and take pride in being able to speak Spanish fluently. 

So why did I decide to become journalist? I love talking to people! I consider myself a very social person and want to get to know everyone that I can. 

I also want the community to stay informed and have them feel that they have a platform to speak from. 

I pride myself on being a multimedia journalist. Expect to see me out in the streets, talking to Central Oregonians, shooting video and doing live shots on breaking news.

I would love to get to know all of you in Central Oregon, so if you ever want to chat, know more about me or have me tell your story, send me a note at Leslie.cano@KTVZ.com -- and thank you in advance for welcoming me into your home!

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

Author Profile Photo

Leslie Cano

Leslie Cano is a multimedia journalist for NewsChannel 21. Learn more about Leslie here.

BE PART OF THE CONVERSATION

KTVZ NewsChannel 21 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.