Skip to Content

Carbon monoxide poisoning at hotel; 7 in critical condition


MARYSVILLE, Ohio (AP) — Seven people have been hospitalized in critical condition Saturday after suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning at a Hampton Inn in Ohio. According to The Columbus Dispatch, a total of nine people were taken to local hospitals. Marysville Fire Chief Jay Riley told The Dispatch that the source of the carbon monoxide was unclear but everyone who was hospitalized had been in the hotel’s pool area. Riley said the victims included both children and adults. The hotel has since been evacuated. The Dispatch could not reach any of the hotel management late Saturday. Riley said a Hampton Inn maintenance team was en route from out of state.

Article Topic Follows: AP National Business

Jump to comments ↓

Associated Press


KTVZ NewsChannel 21 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content