BEND, Ore. (KTVZ) -- Bend Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) staff are currently in the process of updating the federally required Public Participation Plan (PPP). The purpose of the plan is to provide a documented process for providing interested parties with reasonable opportunities to be involved in MPO planning processes.
A public comment Period is open until July 6. Click to email comments here,
The MPO will consider comments and adoption on the plan July 20.
Outreach and presentations about the PPP update:
- Draft PPP for your review
- MPO Policy Board 5/18/2021 Presentation
- MPO Technical Advisory Committee 6/2/2021 Presentation
- MPO Policy Board Consideration of comments and Adoption 7/20/2021
- Click to email comments here, or contact staff via phone, meeting or for ADA formatting
- Project website: Public Participation, Non-Discrimination & Equity | City of Bend (bendoregon.gov)
The Bend Metropolitan Planning Organization is the lead agency for regional transportation planning and the decision making body for federal and state transportation funding for the Bend area. The Bend MPO formed in December 2002, when the Bend area reached 50,000 in population.
The MPO works cooperatively with local governments to set priorities for transportation needs. MPOs are charged with maintaining and conducting a "continuing, cooperative, and comprehensive" regional transportation planning and project programming process for the MPO area.