BEND, Ore. (KTVZ) -- Here is the city of Bend's road and traffic report for the week of Sept. 27-Oct. 3:
- NW Jamison Street between Empire Avenue and Halfway Road for work related to the CSEP project, single lane closures with flagging, begins 7/28/21
- Pump Station Decommissioning - This project will decommission the Tri-Peaks, Shire, and Desert Skies Pump Stations. Full road closures with local access only on affected streets beginning on 7/19/21. For further information, visit bendoregon.gov/city-projects/what-s-being-built/pump-station-decommissioning-phase-3.
- Clairaway Avenue between 27th Street and Daly Estates Drive
- Daly Estates Drive between Clairaway Avenue and the desert skies pump station
- Chase Rd from Benham Rd towards the east will be closed beginning Monday 8/23/21
- Benham Road between Chase Road and Knightsbridge Place
- NW Silver Buckle Road – As part of the Rimrock Pump Stations Improvement project, full road closure during work hours 7 am – 6:30 pm. Roadway to be fully reopened at end of each workday and intermittently opened during each workday at 10 am and 2 pm; 7/19/2021 - 11/19/2021.
- NW Crossing Farmers Market – special event occurring every Saturday 6/5/21 - 10/16/21. Multiple road closures related to event (listed below).
- NW Crossing Drive between Mount Washington Drive and NW Crossing Drive (Circle)
- NW John Freemont between NW Ordiway Avenue and NW Fort Clatsop Street
- NW Fort Clatsop Street between NW Ordway Avenue and NW John Freemont Street
- NE Butler Market – Purcell Intersection - closed for roundabout construction beginning May 3rd – early October. This is part of the Empire Corridor Improvements Project. For further information, visit bendoregon.gov/empire.
- NW Broadway Street between NW Louisiana Avenue and NW Kansas Avenue for water main replacement, full road closure with local access, 6/1/21 - Early October
- NW Tumalo Avenue between NW Broadway Street and NW Riverside Boulevard for water main replacement, full road closure with local access, 9/20/21 - Late October
- Newport Corridor Improvements Project – Various intersections along Newport Avenue to be closed due to updates in the water main and stormwater facilities. Road closures related to the project listed below.
- Intersection of 9th Street and Newport Avenue for infrastructure installation, full roundabout closure with detour, 4/5/21 - Early October
- Newport Avenue - east of the NW College Way roundabout through NW Juniper Street, full closure with detour, 8/2/21 – Early Spring 2022. Businesses within the closure are still open and accessible.
Future Road Closures:
- NW Wall Street between NW Portland Avenue and NW Deschutes Place for an infrastructure installation related to CSSP, southbound lane closure with detour, October 4 – mid-November
Work schedules are dependent on weather conditions and other factors. Always exercise increased caution within construction zones. Drivers should use designated detour routes. Nearby residential streets are for local traffic only.
Contact: Deedee Fraley, Right of Way & Construction Manager
For Street Preservation related questions: Paul Neiswonger, Streets Supervisor
Closures and detours in Bend are updated weekly at: bendoregon.gov/traffic
Find more information about street operations at: bendoregon.gov/streetpreservation
Weekly reports can be received via email by subscribing to Weekly Road and Traffic Reports at: bendoregon.gov/enews