BEND, Ore. (KTVZ) -- Here is the city of Bend's road and traffic report for the week of June 24-July 3.
- Deschoops Basketball Tournament – Special event will take place downtown with various road closures (listed below). The event will occur 6/24/22 - 6/26/22.
- NW Wall Street between NW Greenwood Avenue and NW Franklin Avenue
- NW Minnesota Avenue between NW Bond Street and NW Wall Street
- NW Oregon Avenue between NW Bond Street and NW Wall Street
- Central Oregon & Bend Pride 5K Special Event – Participants will be crossing Galveston Avenue at Riverfront Street, flagging will be used while participants cross the street, 6/25/22, 9:30am – 10:30am
- NW Crossing Drive between NW Labiche Lane and NW Shevlin Park Road for Infrastructure installation, full road closure with detour (road opened after every workday) 6/28/22 - 7/1/22
- Wilson Corridor Improvements Project – Street improvements on Wilson from Second Street to 15th Street. For more information visit the Wilson Project website. This is a multiphase project with various intersections and road closures throughout its entirety.
- Intersection of SE Wilson Avenue and SE 9th Street for roundabout construction, full intersection closure with detour through late June 2022 (weather dependent).
- Newport Corridor Improvements Project – Various intersections along Newport Avenue to be closed due to removal and replacement of underground utilities. Road closures related to the project listed below. For more information, visit Newport Corridor Improvements Project webpage. Various closures through the end of Winter 2022.
- NW Newport Avenue between NW 10th Street and NW 11th Street, 4/5/22 - 7/1/22
- NW 11th Street Between NW Ogden Avenue and NW Milwaukee Avenue, full road closure, 4/5/22 - 7/1/22
- NW Newport Avenue between NW 11th Street and NW 14th Street, 7/5/22 – Fall 2022
- NW 12th Street Between NW Ogden Avenue and NW Milwaukee Avenue, full road closure, 7/5/22 – Fall 2022
- NW Crossing Farmers Market – Special event occurring every Saturday 6/4/21 - 9/17/21. Multiple road closures related to event (listed below).
- NW Crossing Drive between Mount Washington Drive and NW Crossing Drive (Circle)
- NW John Freemont between NW Ordiway Avenue and NW Fort Clatsop Street
- NW Fort Clatsop Street between NW Ordway Avenue and NW John Freemont Street
- Glen Vista Road between NW Kiesow Court and South Road for infrastructure installation, single lane closure with flagging, 6/2/22 - 9/2/22
- ODOT Third Street Improvements – Infrastructure improvements along Third Street from Butler Market Road to Greenwood Avenue. Various types of traffic control will be implemented during construction. Expected to be completed at the end of summer 2023. Street sections affected listed below.
- Single-lane closures in the Northbound and Southbound lanes on Third Street between Greenwood Avenue and NE Olney Avenue
- Butler Market to Mervin Sampels northbound slow lane closure until end of May
- Sewer Extension Program – The yearly project includes installing gravity sewer mains and sewer laterals in order to allow properties to decommission their septic systems and connect to the public sewer system. Full road closures with local access in SE Bend related to this project (closures listed below). For more information, visit bendoregon.gov/admiral-king-jehu.
- King Hezekiah Way between King Jehu Way and King Solomon Court, 4/11/22 - mid-summer 2022.
- King Jehu Way between King Hezekiah Way and Desert Woods Drive, 4/25/22 - mid-summer 2022.
- Admiral Way between Reed Market Road and Greenmont Drive, 6/14/22 - Fall 2022
- Brosterhous Road between Murphy Road and Knott Road for infrastructure installation, northbound lane closure with detour. Estimated through early summer 2022. This is part of the Brosterhous Accessibility Improvements Project.
- NW Shevlin Ranch Road between NW Bordeaux Lane and NW Shevlin Meadow Drive for infrastructure installation, full road closure. Completion scheduled for end of June.
- Brinson Boulevard between NE 18th Street and Layton Avenue for infrastructure installation, eastbound lane closure. Completion scheduled for early summer 2022.
- NW Silver Buckle Road – As part of the Rimrock Pump Stations Improvement project, full road closure during work hours.
Future Road Closures:
- 4th of July Pet Parade – Parade will have various road closures in and around downtown (listed below). The event will occur 7/4/22.
- NW Wall Street between NW Newport Avenue and NW Franklin Ave
- NW Riverside Boulevard between NW Wall Street and NW Galveston Avenue
- NW Galveston Avenue between NW Tumalo Avenue and NW Harmon Boulevard
- NW Harmon Boulevard between NW Galveston Avenue and NW Newport Avenue
- NW Newport Avenue between NW Harmon Boulevard and NW Wall Street
Work schedules are dependent on weather conditions and other factors. Always exercise increased caution within construction zones. Drivers should use designated detour routes. Nearby residential streets are for local traffic only.
Contact: Deedee Fraley, Assistant City Engineer
For Street Preservation related questions: Paul Neiswonger, Streets Supervisor
Closures and detours in Bend are updated weekly at: bendoregon.gov/traffic
Find more information about street operations at: bendoregon.gov/streetpreservation
Weekly reports can be received via email by subscribing to Weekly Road and Traffic Reports at: bendoregon.gov/enews