HAPPY VALLEY, Ore. (KTVZ) -- Since Monday, Sept. 6, The Salvation Army has provided more than 11,000 meals for evacuees across 10 counties in Oregon.
Starting Tuesday afternoon, The Salvation Army is serving meals to evacuees in Deschutes County.
The meals are put together in The Salvation Army’s commercial kitchen. Then the American Red Cross picks up the meals to deliver them to the hotel that has been selected for evacuees to stay at during this time.
Whenever we're asked by local and state agencies, The Salvation Army responds to our region's wildfires.
As one of the nation’s major emergency relief organizations, The Salvation Army is on the ground before, during and after a disaster strikes. Our Emergency Disaster Services teams provide food, hydration, emotional comfort and more.
The Salvation Army also continues to provide meals at evacuee shelters across nine counties in Oregon.
- Clackamas County at the Clackamas Town Center at 12000 SE 82nd Ave, Happy Valley, OR 97086.
- Douglas County: Meal services are available for pick-up and delivery only. To sign up please call 503-313-3438.
- Jackson County Expo at 1 Peninger Rd, Central Point, OR 97502.
- Lane County feeding 125 firefighters twice a day.
- Linn and Benton Counties: Serving meals to evacuees at the Linn Benton Fairgrounds at 3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322.
- Lincoln County: Emergency food boxes at 140 NE 4th St, Newport, OR 97365.
- Marion County at the Oregon State Fairgrounds at 2330 17th St. NE, Salem, OR 97303, as well as Woodburn at the Super 8 at 821 Evergreen Rd, Woodburn, OR 97071
- Multnomah County at the Oregon Convention Center at 777 NE Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Portland, OR 97232.
The best way to help evacuees is to make a financial contribution. Monetary donations allow disaster responders to immediately meet the specific needs of the disaster. 100% of your donation stays in Oregon to respond directly to the needs of those impacted by the Oregon Wildfires. There are a variety of ways the public can support The Salvation Army’s disaster relief efforts:
Call 1-800-SAL-ARMY - Designate gift “Oregon Wildfire Relief"
Designate “Oregon Wildfire Relief” on check and mail to:
The Salvation Army Disaster Relief
8495 SE Monterey Ave.
Happy Valley, OR 97086