SISTERS, Ore. (KTVZ) -- The city of Sisters is accepting applications for volunteers for its boards, commissions and committees.
The City has several opportunities that allow community members to fill an integral role in City government by advising the City Council on important issues.
Community participation on City of Sisters Boards and Commissions serves two essential purposes: Board members are directly involved in their local government and can positively impact their community's future, and the City Council receives timely input and information regarding issues and potential impacts on the City.
The various Boards and Commissions serve in an advisory capacity to the City Council within their respective municipal policy areas. Members are unpaid volunteers who devote their time to these community activities. The application and appointment time frame for all 2021 open positions on boards and committees began on Friday.
The City is accepting applications for openings on the following Boards:
- Planning Commission: Three openings, all in-city positions. All positions will be appointed to 4-year terms.
- Budget Committee: Four openings, all in-city positions. All positions will be appointed to 3-year terms.
- Housing Policy Advisory Board: Two openings, both are in-city positions. Both positions will be appointed for a 3-year term.
- Urban Forestry Board: One opening, this is an in-city position. This position will be appointed to a 3-year term.
- City Parks Advisory Board: Two openings, both are in-city positions. One position is for a 3-year term, and one position is for a 1-year term.
- Public Works Advisory Board: This is a new board with five positions. Three must be in-city, and two may be outside the city limits. Three positions will be appointed to a 3-year term, and two positions will be appointed to a 2-year term.
The City will be accepting applications for these positions until November 6th at 5:00 pm. Interviews for open positions will occur in late November, and appointments will happen at the first City Council meeting in December. Each appointee's new term will begin at the first meeting of their Board, Committee or Commission, in 2021.
If you are interested in serving on a Board, Committee or Commission, please complete an application form and return by November 6th at 5:00 pm to Kerry Prosser, City Recorder at City Hall, 520 E. Cascade, or mail to P.O. Box 39, Sisters, OR 97759, firstname.lastname@example.org