Skip to Content

BBQ issue sparks Redmond-area deck fire


A malfunction in a barbecue sparked a fire that engulfed the deck and threatened a home west of Redmond Monday morning, but firefighters were able to stop its advance before it caused major damage to the home, officials said.

Redmond firefighters responding to a reported juniper tree on fire on Southwest Indian Court got an alarm for a structure fire in the 600 block of Northwest 67 th Street, said Battalion Chief Jeff Puller.

The brush engine crew diverted to the reported structure fire and arrived to find a deck engulfed in flames and starting to burn the side of the home, Puller said. They were able to quickly knock down the flames, preventing further damage to the house.

An extensive overhaul was conducted to ensure the fire was out. Puller said the fire caused an estimated $10,000 damage.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

KTVZ News Team


KTVZ NewsChannel 21 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content