Skip to Content

Man burned in motor home fire south of Redmond


A motor home south of Redmond exploded in flames Thursday night as a resident tried to light a propane furnace, officials said. One of two residents inside the home was taken to St. Charles Bend with serious burn injuries, officials said.

Redmond Fire and Rescue crews were called around 9:45 p.m. to the motor home fire in the 6400 block of Southwest Canal Boulevard, said Fire Marshal Traci Cooper.

The motor home was engulfed when crews arrived and they quickly extinguished the blaze, Cooper said.

Law enforcement was told two people were living in the motor home and both were home at the time of the fire but were able to escape before firefighters arrived.

Initial reports from the scene indicated a man with burns on his arms was found in the driveway by arriving crews. A battalion chief said the man was seriously burned on his hands.

A dozen firefighters responded to the scene, while the Bend Fire Department and Deschutes County Sheriff’s Office provided mutual aid to handle any other emergency calls.

There was no initial damage estimate.

It was the second injury fire in the Redmond area in about 24 hours, as a Terrebonne man was critically burned in a manufactured home fire Wednesday night and taken to Legacy Oregon Burn Center in Portland.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

KTVZ News Team


KTVZ NewsChannel 21 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content