We have plenty of fine-tuning to do, but hope you like it!
Welcome to NewsChannel 21's new online home, the redesigned KTVZ.COM! We're still busy making sure all the furnishings are in place, and you might run into some wet paint or a missing thing or two, but we are ready to present a cleaner, faster-loading experience that we hope you come to like, even I daresay love!
Here are some of the many changes you'll experience:
- The homepage has a cleaner look. It should load noticeably faster, too.
- A big change came to our navigation bar. The top bar focuses on the main pages of interest -- click the ☰ menu icon in the upper left corner, a feature quite familiar to smartphone users, and you'll get the sub-navigation menu, with plenty more content and information to choose from.
- Of course, the home page will continue to feature the latest local news and information, as well as regional, national and world news from The Associated Press and CNN, as well as our KTVZ.COM Poll, events calendar - even some fresh, always-new CNN video stories.
- Notice the new "Live" button on the masthead. It will turn red and take you directly to our Livestream page during our newscasts or live breaking news.
- We've adjusted some of the sections that let you explore content about "Community," "Life," "Shop," "Play" and "Share."
- The weather page is redesigned, but as in our previous system, you can enter your city name or any zip code to receive current conditions and extended forecasts from the Local Alert Alert weather team.
- We still want you to get involved in the discussion about the news of the day, but we're moving to a new commenting system that puts more of the control in our hands. Instead of using the Disqus platform, you'll register with us to post comments on articles.
- Scroll to the bottom of any page to find links to our news and Local Alert Alert weather apps. Soon, you can also sign up for newsletters and promotions. (Those are going through a transition right now, so stay tuned!)
- If you have links from the former KTVZ.COM that you bookmarked, the URLs may not be the same. Thankfully, the new website has a more potent search feature that you can find on the top right of any page.
We are glad to have you with us and expect plenty of feedback, which you can leave in the comments or email the newsroom at email@example.com. And thank you for your support, on-air and online, through our 42 years. It means everything to us!
--Barney Lerten, digital content director