BEND, Ore. (KTVZ) -- Here is the city of Bend's road and traffic report for the week of August 8-14.
- SE Third Street between Brosterhous Road and Reed Lane for driveway approach repair, northbound slow lane closure, 8/15/22 - 8/23/22
- Wilson Corridor Improvements Project – Street improvements on Wilson from Second Street to 15th Street. For more information visit the Wilson Project website. This is a multiphase project with various intersections and road closures throughout its entirety.
- SE Wilson Avenue between SE Ninth Street and SE 15th street, Eastbound Lane closure with detour, 7/25/22 – fall 2022. Expect work Saturday (8/6/22) from 7 AM – 6 PM.
- Newport Corridor Improvements Project – Various intersections along Newport Avenue to be closed due to removal and replacement of underground utilities. Road closures related to the project listed below. For more information, visit Newport Corridor Improvements Project webpage for more information. Various closures through the end of Winter 2022.
- NW Newport Avenue between NW 11th Street and NW 14th Street, 7/5/2022 – Fall 2022
- NW 12th Street Between NW Ogden Avenue and NW Milwaukee Avenue, full road closure, 7/5/2022 – Fall 2022
- NW 13th Street between NW Milwaukee and NW Newport Avenue, full road closure, 7/5/2022 – Fall 2022
- North bound exit of the NW 14th Street Roundabout 7/5/2022 – Fall 2022
- Intersection of 27th Street and Reed Market Road for sewer main installation, restricted movements within intersection with north and southbound travel on 27th Street (expect delays), 8/1/22 - 8/19/22
- Street Preservation – Various streets will have overnight closures for asphalt resurfacing. Single lane closures with flagging (expect delays). Work to be held between 6 p.m. – 4 a.m. Roads affected:
- Galveston Avenue between 14th Street and NW Harmon Boulevard, occurs 8/1/22
- OB Riley Road between Empire Avenue and 3rd Street, occurs 8/2/22
- Butler Market between Boyd Acres Road and 8th Street, occurs 8/3/22
Additionally, various street improvements within the NW Bend and Awbrey Butte area are continuing this week. Utility updates and street resurfacing will be occurring with various lane & street closures during its duration (expect delays). Expected completion Mid-August 2022 (weather dependent). Roads affected are listed below. Learn more about the Street Preservation Program at bendoregon.gov/streetpreservation.
- NW Mt. Washington Drive between both legs of NW Summit for grind and inlay, full road closure with detour (local access)
- Shevlin Park Road between NW Mt. Washington Drive and the City boundary, single lane closures with flagging occurring early August 2022
- Putnam road between NW Mt. Washington Drive and NW Rocher Way
- NW Crosby Drive between NW Elwood Lane and Skyliners Road for infrastructure installation, full road closure with detour, 7/25/22 - 9/2/22
- Britta Street between Halfway Road and Ellie Lane for infrastructure installation, full road closure with detour, 7/25/22 - 8/30/22
- NW Crosby Drive between Skyliners Road and NW Elwood Lane for infrastructure installation, full road closure with detour, begins 7/25/22
- NW Crossing Farmers Market – special event occurring every Saturday 6/4/21 - 9/17/21. Multiple road closures related to event (listed below).
- NW Crossing Drive between Mount Washington Drive and NW Crossing Drive (Circle)
- NW John Freemont between NW Ordiway Avenue and NW Fort Clatsop Street
- NW Fort Clatsop Street between NW Ordway Avenue and NW John Freemont Street
- Glen Vista Road between NW Kiesow Court and South Road for infrastructure installation, single lane closure with flagging, 6/2/22 - 9/2/22
- ODOT Third Street Improvements – Infrastructure improvements along Third Street from Butler Market Road to Greenwood Avenue. Various types of traffic control will be implemented during construction. Expected to be completed at the end of summer 2023. Street sections affected listed below.
- Single-lane closures in the Northbound and Southbound lanes on Third St. Between Greenwood Avenue and NE Olney Avenue
- Butler Market to Mervin Sampels southbound slow lane closure
- Intersection of Greenwood Avenue and Third Street, lane closures in place Sunday - Thursday Night 7pm - 7am. Expect Delays.
- Sewer Extension Program – The yearly project includes installing gravity sewer mains and sewer laterals in order to allow properties to decommission their septic systems and connect to the public sewer system. Full road closures with local access in SE Bend related to this project (closures listed below). For more information, visit bendoregon.gov/admiral-king-jehu.
- King Hezekiah Way between King Jehu Way and King Solomon Court, 4/11/22 - mid-summer 2022.
- King Jehu Way between King Hezekiah Way and Desert Woods Drive, 4/25/22 - mid-summer 2022.
- Admiral Way between Reed Market Road and Greenmont Drive, 6/14/22 - Fall 2022
- Brinson Boulevard between NE 18th Street and Layton Avenue for infrastructure installation, eastbound lane closure. Completion scheduled for mid-summer 2022.
Work schedules are dependent on weather conditions and other factors. Always exercise increased caution within construction zones. Drivers should use designated detour routes. Nearby residential streets are for local traffic only.
Contact: Deedee Fraley, Assistant City Engineer
For Street Preservation related questions: Paul Neiswonger, Streets Supervisor
Closures and detours in Bend are updated weekly at: bendoregon.gov/traffic
Find more information about street operations at: bendoregon.gov/streetpreservation
Weekly reports can be received via email by subscribing to Weekly Road and Traffic Reports at: bendoregon.gov/enews