Also adds items for supper, to go with breakfast and lunch
BEND, Ore. (KTVZ) -- Bend-La Pine Schools is adding two new school sites – for a total of 10 school locations - to its free Grab and Go meal locations beginning Monday.
The two new school locations are Three Rivers School in Sunriver and Westside Village Magnet at Kingston School in Bend.
Additionally, each meal will now include items for supper, as well as breakfast and lunch. The free meals are available to children age 0 to 18, Monday to Friday, from 10:30 a.m. to noon.
“We are excited to add two new sites and begin to offer items for supper,” said Garra Schluter, Nutrition Supervisor for Bend-La Pine Schools. “We are proud of the work our staff members are doing to help serve our community at this time.”
Schluter says Nutrition Services is currently serving approximately 1,600 breakfasts and 1,600 lunches every day.
These pick up sites are available:
- Amity Creek Magnet at Thompson School, 437 NW Wall St, Bend
- Bend Senior High School, 230 NE Sixth St., Bend
- Elk Meadow Elementary School, 60880 Brookswood Blvd., Bend
- Ensworth Elementary School, 2150 NE Dagget Lane, Bend
- La Pine High School, 51633 Coach Road, La Pine
- Mountain View High School, 2755 NE 27th St., Bend
- Pilot Butte Middle School, 1501 NE Neff Road, Bend
- R.E. Jewell Elementary School, 20550 Murphy Rd, Bend
- Three Rivers School, 56900 Enterprise Drive, Sunriver
- Westside Village Magnet at Kingston School, 1101 NW 12th St, Bend
Visitors are asked to enter through designated doors, pick up a meal from the cafeteria and then take the meal to go. Gathering inside the school is discouraged.
Bend-La Pine Schools custodial staff will be cleaning before and after each meal. Adults can purchase a meal for $4.
Bend- La Pine Schools is an equal opportunity provider.