Here's the updated list of school and other closures, cancellations and delays we've been made aware of for Wednesday. If you have anything to add, please email the newsroom at firstname.lastname@example.org:
Due to snow and road conditions, Central Oregon Community College said all classes are cancelled and all campuses closed. That included the four campuses in Bend, Redmond, Madras and Prineville.
OSU-Cascades said all classes and operations at the Bend campus were closed Wednesday due to the snowstorm and travel conditions in the region. It said essential employees should check with their direct supervisors regarding work schedules for Wednesday.
Due to the snowfall, NeighborImpact delayed opening its Bend and Redmond offices until 10 a.m.
Also due to the weather, all Mosaic Medical clinics throughout Central Oregon are closed Wednesday. Patients with appointments that are affected will be contacted directly for rescheduling.
Inpsire Early Learning Preschool's two Bend locations were closed due to the hazardous road conditions.
Phagans' Central Oregon Beauty College also was closed.
Here's Wednesday's update from Cascades East Transit:
Cascades East Transit (CET) Inclement Weather Update and Holiday Service Operations
Wednesday, November 27, 2019
Due to inclement weather and hazardous road conditions, and more snow in the forecast for Central Oregon, CET will operate on a snow schedule for Bend Fixed-Route buses on Wednesday, 11/27. CET services updates for Thursday 11/28 and Friday 11/29 are listed below. Please note that all time points on schedules are estimates, as service may be affected by weather conditions and/or traffic.
Wednesday, November 27 Service Updates:
- Bend Fixed Route services will operate on a snow schedule. Buses will leave Hawthorne Station on the hour.
- Community Connector services and Bend and Rural Dial-A-Ride services will operate on regular schedules; however, expect delays due to icy road conditions.
Thursday, November 28 (Thanksgiving Day) Service Updates:
- CET offices will be closed and CET will not operate Bend Fixed-Route, Community Connector, or Dial-A-Ride Services on Thanksgiving Day.
Friday, November 29 Service Updates:
- On Friday, November 29, Bend Fixed-Route service will operate on a limited Saturday schedule. Visit the CET website to download Saturday schedules for each route at https://cascadeseasttransit.com/routes-schedules/all-cities/bend/
- Bend Dial-A-Ride will operate on a Saturday schedule from 8 am – 5 pm. Rural Dial-A-Ride will not operate. Please note that the Cascades East Ride Center will be closed on November 28 and 29. Anyone wishing to schedule a ride for the week of December 2 should make an appointment by Wednesday, November 27.
- Community Connector service will operate on a limited schedule on November 29. Visit https://cascadeseasttransit.com/thanksgiving-holiday-service-update/ for Community Connector schedule information.
- Mt. Bachelor shuttle service will operate on a limited schedule from November 29 to December 13. Schedule information can be found at https://cascadeseasttransit.com/ride/mt-bachelor-winter/
CET bus services offer Central Oregon residents a safe and reliable transportation option during periods of inclement weather. CET is operating bus services to the best of its ability in these challenging weather conditions. Please note that schedules may be affected by traffic and weather conditions.
For further updates, visit www.cascadeseasttransit.com or CET’s Twitter or Facebook page. For general service-related information, please call CET’s customer service representatives at 541-385-8680. To stay up-to-date on snow schedule information, text CET to 313131 to opt-in to receive snow schedule alerts and snow emergency information.
If you have other schedule or closure info or updates to share, please email us at email@example.com.