Skip to Content

Small fire stopped at Alfalfa home


A fire at an Alfalfa-area home Tuesday night apparently was caused by an electrical wiring issue, Deschutes County sheriff’s deputies said.

Deputies and the Alfalfa Fire District responded shortly before 8 p.m. to the reported attic fire at a home in the 25000 block of Cultus Lane in Alfalfa, east of Bend, sheriff’s Sgt. Kevin Dizney said.

While first responders were on their way, dispatchers learned the only occupant of the home was able to escape safely, Dizney said.

The fire was contained to a small area of the single-story home.

Dizney said an initial investigation by the Alfalfa Fire District concluded the fire likely was started by electrical wiring near the ceiling.

The resident did not require further assistance, the sergeant said.

Article Topic Follows: News

Jump to comments ↓

KTVZ News Team


KTVZ NewsChannel 21 is committed to providing a forum for civil and constructive conversation.

Please keep your comments respectful and relevant. You can review our Community Guidelines by clicking here

If you would like to share a story idea, please submit it here.

Skip to content